What is two-step verification?
Two-step verification is a security enhancement that requires you to present both a password and a verification code sent via an app or SMS when logging in to your payment account to ensure it is an authorized user.
Why should two-step verification be enabled?
Two-Step Verification is common in the banking industry to provide additional safety measures against common security threats such as phishing attacks and unauthorized account access. It adds an additional layer of security to the payment account in order to keep funds secure. It is especially crucial to enable two-step verification if identity has been compromised in the past.
What is needed to enable two-step verification?
To set up two-step verification, all that is needed is a desktop browser to access the payment account, a mobile phone and the Authy app. Authy is an authentication mobile app that can be downloaded on both Apple and Android devices at no charge, easily integrating into the PayQuicker login process. Authy generates unique verification codes within the app which users need to enter as a second step when logging in to accounts with two-step verification enabled.
Is two-step verification required?
Two-step verification is strongly recommended and is not required at this time.
How can two-step verification be enabled?
- Navigate to Security Settings>Enable Two-Step Verification (you will be logged out and will need to log back into your account)
- Click the Setup Two-Step Verification
- Enter mobile phone number and click Continue.
- A text message is sent to mobile phone with a link to download the Authy authentication app.
- Click the link. Install the Authy mobile device app. Open the Authy app on your mobile phone.
- Enter your mobile phone number and email address in the Authy app when prompted and click OK.
- Choose from push notification, phone call, or SMS methods to receive verification code needed to login to payment account.
- Click the pending "Two-Step Verification Registration" request in the Authy app.
- Verify information and click APPROVE in the Authy app. Two-step verification is complete!
- Go to payment account and click Continue to my account.